Sunday, 18 August 2013

August Favourites

For today's post I'm going to discuss my favourite products for this month.

*Warning*
Picture heavy


Products:

Tony Moly Cat Chu Wink Lipstick - Colour 03. Pink Cat

Tony Moly Mini Berry Lip Balm 

Tony Moly Dear Me Petit Blusher - Colour 03. Petit Coral

Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream 

Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash Trial Sample Set - Strawberry, Banana and Chocolate

Lush Cosmetics R & B Hair Moisturiser

Lush Cosmetics H'suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment


Tony Moly Cat Chu Wink Lipstick - Colour 03. Pink Cat



I really love this lipstick, and I've been using it everyday! (Which you can probably tell from the pictures haha). The formula is lightweight, sheer and moisturising. It has a faint floral scent that doesn't really transfer to the the lips. Plus the packaging is adorable (like most of Tony Moly's products).


Tony Moly Cat Chu Wink Lipstick Pink Cat 03 Swatch


Price ~ US $7.43  |  FREE shipping.
From ~ I brought mine from a store in Sydney, but you can buy it on Ebay HERE. 

Tony Moly Mini Berry Lip Balm  


I originally brought this lip balm after purchasing the peach one and loving it, and I'm really glad I did. This tinted lip balm has a really yummy berry flavour and an SPF 15. It is a coral colouring and the formula is very creamy and moisturising. It glides onto the lips and leaves a hint of natural colour with a pretty, glossy finish. It also lasts quite awhile for a lip balm, and of course the packaging is adorable. 



Tony Moly Mini Berry Lip Balm Swatch 

Price ~ US $6.98  |  FREE shipping.
From ~ Again, I purchased mine while I was in Sydney, but you can buy it on Ebay HERE. 


Tony Moly Dear Me Petit Blusher - Colour 03. Petit Coral 


I originally brought this to compare it against the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher, and to be honest, there isn't much difference in the quality of the blush. Though this is a bit more of a peachy colour compared to the grapefruit jelly colour I tried for the Etude House Blush. I really love the shade and it blends perfectly for my skin tone. It lasts quite awhile and the packaging is perfect. Although I use a brush to apply my blush, the little puffer is quite a good applicator, its really soft and makes no dust. 

Originally it said "Dear Me" with a little wing, but that has mostly disappeared as I've used it
Tony Moly Dear Me Petit Blusher - Colour 03. Petit Coral Swatch


Price ~ US $7.17  |  FREE shipping.
From ~ You can buy it on Ebay HERE. 

Cath Kidston Rose Hand Cream 


This is my absolute favourite hand cream at the moment! The cream itself is a thickish white and only a little is needed with each application. It isn't sticky or greasy and the beautiful rose smell stays on your hands for quite some time. My hands feel lovely and soft after use. 



Price ~ US $14.99  |  FREE shipping.
From ~ I brought this in a store in Sydney, and can't seem to find this one on the Cath Kidston website, but you can buy it on Ebay HERE. 



Etude House Milk Talk Body Wash Trial Sample Set - Strawberry, Banana and Chocolate



I purchased the sample pack instead of the full size containers, because I wanted to try as many scents as possible. My favourite out of the 3 would have to be the strawberry, as I am a big fan of anything strawberry scented! The banana is also very sweet, and comes a close second. The chocolate isn't as strong as I thought it would be, but still a nice scent overall. These body washes are creamy, they lather well, and are amazing at moisturising your skin. The body wash also comes in apple and steamed milk, I have the full sized bottle of the steamed milk but am yet to try the apple, it's next on my list!


Price ~ US $5.40  |  FREE shipping.
From ~ You can buy it on Ebay HERE. 



Lush Cosmetics R & B Hair Moisturiser


 

I am so in love with this product! 
I've been on a bit of a Lush craze at the moment, especially for hair products, after my hair has been going quite dry from bleaching a couple of times (I normally just get my roots bleached, but recently had it all done to get some of the grey/silver out). 
This works amazingly on my dry ends! I use this after shampoo and conditioner, before blow drying and a little on my ends before straightening, and the result is heavenly. A little goes a LONG way. Too much and your hair will be greasy. Just the right amount and you will have shine and smoothness and a beautiful scent that lasts all day. 
A note on the smell: I think you love or hate it. I LOVE IT. It smells like jasmine and makes me feel lovely and I get complimented on the scent all the time. It's a little pricey, but you only need the tiniest bit. I use it most days and have barely made a dent in the container I've had for the past month. Even if you only use it the day you wash your hair and don't wash again for three days, you'll smell it the whole time.



Price ~ Aus $19.95 / US $22.95 / UK £11.25
From ~ HERE for Australian customers, HERE for UK customers, HERE for US customers

Lush Cosmetics H'suan Wen Hua Hair Treatment



For me, with my super lightened hair and naturally dry scalp, this mask is just amazing!
 It gives the dry ends of my hair some softness and weight, and I’ve noticed a dramatic reduction in crispy crunchy ends since I started using it. It’s really helped in getting my hair back to a soft state, and it doesn’t take long to notice a difference in my hair.
 For some people, the smell can be a bit off putting because it is quite strong, but I personally don't mind it; it has a cinnamon type of smell. There’s only one real negative to H’Suan Wen Hua, and that’s a cost/size issue. Applying any wet product to dry hair is always going to involve thirsty hair soaking up way, way, way more product than you anticipated. This is my second tub of it and I can normally get about 3 uses out of it (that's applying it very sparingly). It can be a bit pricey when looking at it on a cost-per-use basis, however for me it's completely worth it! 
After just one wash, my hair was more manageable, shiny and smooth. 



Price ~ Aus $19.95 / US $20.95 / UK £8.95
From ~ HERE for Australian customers, HERE for UK customers, HERE for US customers
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you guys have enjoyed my product reviews and found them somewhat useful! 
If you have any questions message me at pinksugarrr.tumblr.com/ask


13 comments:

  1. Ah, I want to try the R & B from Lush and the Milk body washes from Etude House. I want to try the strawberry one most. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberry one smells sooo amazing ^-^

      Delete
  2. all the products look great, I want to have them all *v*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reviews!! My hair is also fried, I may look into the Lush products for it! I love my Etude House blush so it's go to know Tony Moly's is just as good- I can't get over the cute applicator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really helping to get my hair back into a nice condition! I'm using a shampoo and conditioner from there too, trying to get out of using lots of chemicals on my hair :3
      Aw I know right, so adorable!

      Delete
  4. I love this! You are so awesome Becki! Please check out my blog it would mean so much to me :)
    I'm Thasy92 from Instagram.
    lots of love xx
    p.s. I'm so happy you decided to make a blog! It's perfect, just like your instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much cutie! I'll definitely check it out :3

      Delete
  5. I so want to try the R&B hair moisturizer, I've been on a lush craze too, but haven't gotten to try out their hair products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really great! You can even ask them for a sample pot so you can try it out before buying it ^-^

      Delete
  6. Looooove your items and your outfits :) I need some Tony Moly things now ! Xx

    http://lologlitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love H'Suan Wen Hua! I find it's a bit of a love/hate smell, but I adore it. Gave me great results. Lovely post!

    mermaidxmotel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete